5/22/14

Landry Park Book Review


Landry Park by 
My Ratings - 4/5 Stars

A good book. Not that awesome but good enough. And I've a feeling its because this book might just be acting as a set up for the next book :) So I have a lot of expectations from the next one. I was a bit irritated by David and Madeline's relationship throughout the book and it reminded me of Maxon and America's in the first book of The Selection. It was just annoying how he debuted with Cara even though he had eyes for Madeline and that kiss made me hate him more. I was glad that Jude was around there though. There were a few twists but most of them were predictable throughout the book except for the last one. I swear I did not see it coming. Throughout the book, I was always on the edge waiting for something, but it did not happen. Like I said before, I suspect that this is a set up for its sequel.

Madeline was a really string character in this book, even though she is not the one whom I would admire in an instant. Somewhere deep inside me, I kept wishing that she should be stronger, more brave. Hopefully her time will come. I don't know why but I want to see something stirring up between Jude and her... I really don't know why since I'm not a fan of love triangles. David's great, no doubt, but I liked how Jude suddenly decided to help them at the end.

I still have sooo many questions from this book. Her father has a fast regenerating DNA, Oh no, Somewhere in the future I see Madeline getting seriously seriously injured... How are they going to help the rootless now? What about her father and mother? I guess she's free to go to that university now. I couldn't imagine that they were her cousins!! Overall, give this book a try if you have free time :) I swear this is just the beginning and most likely, if my predictions are correct, its sequel might be worth it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment