5/22/14

Of Neptune Book Review


Of Neptune by Anna Banks
My Ratings - 4/5 Stars
I AM BEING REALLY BIASED NOW... (not completely though) I have waited so much for this book that any type of ending seems perfect for this book.

I will just rant out my complaints first. I was really hoping to see a lot of action which included powers being used but unfortunately that did not happen much. I was also hoping for more Reyna appearances but... And the plot was a bit dull compared to previous books. I just wish it could have been more developed cause this book could have had a lot going for it but... *sigh* And I really wish this book had a lot of Galen and Emma scenes but sinces they were apart for more than half of the book. Anna had a lot of strong and well characters to use but she didn't...

Now on to the squeal-worthy swoon-like parts of the book. Okayyyyy. This was one of the majorly best aspect of the book. OMG, even though Emma and Galen went through all that, their scenes were sooooooo CUTE!!!! ADORABLE! It was just sooo entertaining to see Galen getting jealous of Reed. Haha all those thoughts and plans he had made up in his mind for Reed. Hilarious, really. I never knew Galen could get that possessive. I didn't see the aspect of Reed's gifts at all. That was really a surprise! Looks like Emma's not the only one now... And that conflict between Galen and Emma! I don't know about you guys but I thought it was a really really good idea. It made their relationship seem even more real. But that didn't stop them, did it? *smirks*

And finally, the ending... EEK! THE ENDING!!! Did anyone else thought that that ending was awesomely, amazingly, beautifully perfect?! AWWWWW THAT WAS SO SWEET GALEN!!! I had been deprived of that scene sooo much that I was giggling, smiling and smirking to myself in the middle of a huge crowd on the train... You can imagine what the people around me were thinking. But who cares! That was the last book and all I could think was - leave me alone and let me devour this piece of swoon-worthy ending!

Overall, people please go read this trilogy if you haven't. Its worth it, trust me. If not just give it a try cause its all about mermaids, a topic that's not very popular. You know, something new... Hehehehehe, the ending....

SPOILER ALERT

"I'm not done," Galen says.

Ohh that's when I knew it! That's when I knew this ending could not get anymore perfect *giggles* 

Then that Syrena prince gets on his knees in the wet sand. His eyes are wells leading to his soul, his very being.

Ahhhhh!!! Oh no, oh no, is he really gonna say those cheesy words in front of the whole crowd and adding onto the vows!!! OMG. Breathe girl, breath!

"Emma, I will love you with every breath in my body and beyond my own death. I swear to be your shield, your protector, your worshipper. There is nothing I will deny you. I am yours"

OMG OMG OMG *squeals* I surrender! I surrender! *faints*

Now that was the most swoon-worthy epilogue I have ever read! This just adds to my list of fantasies. Good job Anna! Now you've just made the lives of boys who are trying to confess even more difficult... It was an awesome ending...

SPOILER ENDS


No comments:

Post a Comment