7/6/14

Birthday Read! The Lunar Chronicles

One of the best ways to spend your birthday is to read a book which you are not sure about and end up being blown away by it. Wow. Amazing. Yes, I ended up reading the whole lunar chronicles on my birthday. Sorry, I could not help it. I had to pick up the books on after another. Don't worry, I did manage to cut the cake, and also go out with my parents for dinner XD. I swear, this was one of the best birthdays I've ever had.



Oh Cinder, Scarlet, Cress. They are all girls with totally different personalities but I managed to fall for all of them. Initially I kind of avoided this series just because of the hype revolved around it. I wasn't so sure about reading it even though it was from my fave genre. But I'm glad I picked it up, especially on my birthday.

All the books are really re-telling of the fairytales we have heard. Like, really, almost exact. Of course it had some twists, you know, since it is a modern version of it. But I've never seen a fairytale re-telling this good and magical. It's just amazing, especially when you come towards the end of the series. You see it all come together. All the princes and princesses fighting for their and the region's freedom. Haha, the princes. Well, since it is a fairytale re-telling, 'princes' are a essential. Throne, Wolf and Kai. All to match the personalities of the girls. Though I have to say that I like Wolf and Scarlet's pairing the most ;)

If you haven't read this series, please go and read it! You have no idea what you are missing. At least read it before the finale, Winter! I can't wait for that book!! It's the ending to all the four fairytales at once, amazing. God, I've this sudden urge to watch the originals now...

No comments:

Post a Comment