2/20/15

The Cassie and Evan Chemistry (Shipping Saturday)


This is the time when I fangirl all I want about a ship and by now most of you must have realised the ship of the week - Evan and Cassie! I know some of you might not have read The 5th Wave and would want to start reading it (btw one of my favourite books. Can't wait for the last book!) so I'll try to keep this one spoiler free. Ben & Cassie supporters, you will get your chance later so don't be sad.

Okay, where do I even start? Evassie. Casan. Oh. Rick Yancey did a good job at making their names incompatible for shipping purposes. I'll just call them Evie. Well, I've got to praise the author for giving Evie an adorable sizzling chemistry in the first book (just like Warner and Juliette XD) They way they met was one of the best things about the book. The way Evan just spells trouble but Cassie still... yeah.

"I'm Evan," he says next. "Evan Walker."

"Hi," I say.

He gave little laugh like I said something funny.

"Hi," he says.

All the things that build up to that moment just makes me fangirl all over again!

"I didn't save you," he whispers, lips tickling my eyelashes.

"You saved me."

Wow. The intensity in that scene. I swear I died a little there. I kind of feel that their relationship tends to be rather too fictional but it is a rather too fictional setting to - you know, alien invasion. Only if there was a guy like that in real life. *Sighs* The things that books make us expect from real life... 

My fave Evie part? Just to keep it spoiler free - pg 123 of The Infinite Sea. Though, I gotta admit that there weren't as many Evie scenes as I expected to be in The Infinite Sea.


So that rounds up the first shipping segment of the year! You are free to suggest any ships that you want me to talk about next week ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment